Friday 22 March 2024

Friday Five: Koala Tea Time

There was another one in the Koala Tea Time set, which had a cute koala and a cup of tea image. The idea was that it spelled out, 'I love spending koala-tea-time with you'. I guess you just had to be there. I gave it to my friend as a gift before I remembered to take a photo of it, so you'll have to take my word for it. 


This next one is from the Absolutely Fabulous set (one of which was featured in a previous Friday Five). All of these designs are from Elise Ross at Spruce Craft Co.


This last one is from the book Feminist Cross Stitch by Stephanie Rohr. I stitched it for International Women's Day and asked on my Facebook page if anyone wanted it. A friend who teaches history in New Zealand requested it, thinking it would be a welcome additional aid to her classes on female suffrage, so I framed it and sent it to her. I'm happy to share any of my cross stitch pieces if you would be prepared to give them a good home. Just let me know.

"The idea that women's rights and human rights are one and the same was first put into writing in the 1830s by female abolitionists. The concept has since been used by many feminist leaders, but perhaps one of the best-known uses of this particular phrase came during Hillary Rodham Clinton's speech at the United Nations Fourth World Conference on Women in 1995. This quote is still relevant today, especially when many rights, such as access to education, reproductive rights, and freedom from gender-related violence, are considered up for debate. It seems like a lot of people could still use this reminder." - Stephanie Rohr

No comments: