5 Things I've Learned Since Coming to Canberra:
- Canberra comes from the Aboriginal word 'Kamberra' meaning meeting place
- Canberra has the lowest unemployment rate and highest average wage in Australia
- Patrick White is the only Australian to be awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature (in 1973)
- After the mutiny on the Bounty when Captain Bligh was cast adrift near Tonga with 18 crew members, they travelled 6,000km to Timor - only one man died on the voyage, killed by islanders on Tofoa when they landed looking for water
- King George III posthumously granted Captain James Cook a coat of arms featuring a globe (the only one to do so) and the motto 'nil intentatum reliquit'; he left nothing unattempted.