Five Things I did for my Birthday Weekend:
- A blind gin-tasting. It turns out that my favourite gins are the most expensive ones. Who'd have guessed that?
- Breakfast at Rocksalt, Hawker - smashed avocado, whipped feta, and poached egg on rye toast, since you ask
- Celebrate the christening of the child of friends - it's on the same day as my birthday and sharing the love in the arms of tradition and community makes me happy
- A bike ride, sussing out our new location, past vineyards, rolling hills and the river gorge - and not a single magpie swoop
- Invited a bunch of friends round to our new house for home-made pizza and drinks on the patio: houses need cats, conversation, company and laughter to make them complete