On my recent trip to South Australia with my family, we entertained ourselves in the evenings with rudimentary games of charades. Each person would put five suggestions into the special vessel and we took it in turns to act them out.
Nephew Aidan and Niece Niamh enjoyed the game so much that they extended it by pretending not to guess the title of the film/ book/ song and so forcing the poor actor to suffer endlessly through the interpretation. It was a lot of fun, and apparently one of the highlights of the holiday.
5 Titles of charades acted out on our holiday:
- The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
- The Mystery of Cherry Tree Lane
- Far for the Madding Crowd
- How to Betray a Dragon's Hero
- There is a Light that Never Goes Out (as demonstrated by Hoggy, above)