Most of the sweets that I like are memories of childhood, when we used to go to the local sweet shop and buy quarters of confectionery that were weighed out on scoop scales and poured into paper bags. My sister used to send me to buy her Kola cubes and I was allowed a couple as commission. Happy Days!
5 Top Sweets:
- Rhubarb and custards - the originals, I'm saying nothing about the ones you used to get at raves in the 90s
- Sherbet lemons - suck them till you get ulcers on your tongue
- Maynards wine gums (has to be Maynards) - hoots mon, there's juice loose aboot this hoose!
- Bassett's Jelly Babies (ditto Bassetts) - they're in a wibbly wobbly world of their own - apparently they were launched in Sheffield in 1918 to mark the end of WWI and were originally called Peace Babies
- Trebor Softmints - loved this ad (especially the cat). How did we ever think that the smell of mint would fool our parents that we hadn't been drinking/smoking - it was just such a dead giveaway!