|City Beach in the morning|
5 Great Western Australia Beaches:
- City Beach - my brother lives here and can walk down every morning. Lucky or what? Niece Niamh also reckons it's a good spot to practice gymnastics.
- Aidan's birthday beach - I don't know its real name but this beach in Margaret River has got good waves for body-boarding and sand dunes for fitness training, is gentle enough to take out a kayak, and has ample beach space for playing cricket.
- Surfers' Point - also in Margaret River. I wouldn't surf here, as our hosts kindly indicate the spot where a surfer was taken by a shark, but I'm told it has 'gnarly breaks' -apparently that's a good thing.
- Gnarabup - a gently sloping beach provides a prime spot for swimming and sandcastle-building.
- Yallingup Beach - it means the place of love and is the home of surfing in WA.