And yes, I know the blokes were there too, but they all looked pretty much the same, with a couple of notable standouts:
- Eddie Redmayne - smoking in Alexander McQueen, even in slippers
- George Clooney - distinguished as usual in Giorgio Armani
- Jamie Foxx - the Calvin Klein grey tux with black shirt worked well for him, the old silver fox(x)
- Daniel Day Lewis – playing up to his nebulous Irish roots by doing that thing of deliberately not abiding by the rules in a blue/black Domenico Vacca tuxedo that doesn’t quite work. And it’s too short.
- John Travolta - he’s a sharp-dressed man and he wears it well. The Calvin Klein suit is not bad either – ba boom tish!
Anyway, I know it's the Friday Five, but I'm going for the seven best dressed (in my opinion) because it's my blog and I can do what I want. So, in no particular order:
7 Fabulous Oscar Frocks:
|Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Couture|
It takes a lot of effort (and money) to look that effortless. I would say it’s been a week well spent – who cares if she can’t walk in it – it’s not meant to be practical!
|Reese Witherspoon in Louis Vuitton|
Wow! In a cobalt blue gown with black accents, Reese keeps her look both classic and modern. Her lack of jewellery and her hair cascading in sculpted waves sets off her radiant, fun beauty.
|Jane Fonda in Versace|
Work it, lady! There aren’t many who can get away with wearing yellow, or the strong, bold geometric shape – she got the canary!
|Naomi Watts in Giorgio Armani Prive|
Curiously glamorous armour – an asymmetrical outfit softened by great hair.
|Nicole Kidman in L'Wren Scott|
Showing off a show-stopping silhouette in a metallic sequin shimmer number. I love her ‘messy’ hairdo – at least one part of her still looks natural.
|Sandra Bullock in Elie Saab|
In a fantastic lacy number which covers and reveals exactly what it should and shouldn’t, our Sandra shows she is a girl who knows how to dress herself.
|Salma Hayek in Alexander McQueen|
In her baroque high-necked midnight blue velvet gown with her classy up-do, Salma’s worth staying up all night for.