Friday 7 December 2012

Friday Five: Strawberries

I made the discovery that our garden grows strawberries - it does it by itself, you understand, as I don't garden. If things thrive it's a lucky accident. This discovery has made me very happy, however, as they are my favourite fruit, and I have been thinking of ways to eat them.

5 Best Ways to Eat Strawberries:
  1. As they are, washed with maybe a dusting of icing sugar and a dollop of cream
  2. In summer pudding - the food of the gods and the ultimate dessert
  3. Rhubarb and strawberry fool - a delicious fruit compote whipped with cream to make the fluffliest pink confection
  4. Sorbet - the zing and tartness of the fruit with the ice-cold sweetness of the sorbet is the perfect blend
  5. With waffles - ideal breakfast
I have not yet made these strawberry santas, but I'm so looking forward to doing so!

No comments: