Following on from last week's Friday Five, I have been thinking about birds and how much they feature in our lives. We are fascinated by their habits - mainly their ability to fly, which is something we must envy, secretly or otherwise - and have developed many sayings to express events in avian terms.
5 Bird Proverbs:
- A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush
- Kill two birds with one stone
- One swallow does not a summer make
- The early bird catches the worm
- Don't count your chickens before they hatch