Friday 11 May 2012

Friday Five: Crazy Birds

I've been trying to find my way around the district without a car; I've got a bus timetable and a pair of legs, so I have been going for short exploratory forays to find my bearings. As I jog through the streets and parks, forests and scrubland, I am accompanied by a variety of avian Australians, which serve as a constant reminder that I am in a new continent.

5 Birds That Accompany My Runs:
  1. Galahs
  2. Sulphur-Crested Cockatoos
  3. Rosellas
  4. Australian White Ibis
  5. Laughing Kookaburra

2 comments:

blurooferika said...

Congrats on making it to your new home. Have fun exploring the neighborhood. Love that cockatoo's do; hope Chester is settling in well and doesn't get lost early on. xoxo Erika

Kate Blackhurst said...

Thanks Erika,

Yes, Chester is coping okay - he's following us about a bit and leaping onto us whenever we present the suggestion of a lap. He is also, unsurprisingly, afraid of the Aussie magpies - they have vicious beaks and they gang up on him, perching on the fence and waiting for him to make an entrance into the yard so they can launch an attack!

Cheers,
Kate xx