|Proboscis monkey we saw in Borneo|
The list was compiled by the Ugly Animals Preservation Society which considers it unfair that fluffy pandas and cuddly polar bears get all the attention when other equally endangered animals are ignored because they aren’t so photogenic. This is a worthy cause, but I question their choices (although the blobfish, which tops their list, really is repulsive-looking). So I have made up my own list, and it’s true that fur generally wins in the cute race.
5 Ugly Animals (in my opinon):
- Human babies – come on; what’s attractive about a bright red bald screaming thing?
- Warthogs – need I say more?
- Those hairless dogs with whiskers (Chinese crested) – bald cats are none too attractive either, to be fair.
- Naked mole rats – they are extremely ugly but highly desirable for scientists since it has been discovered that they don’t get cancer.
- Cockroaches – so revolting they may be the only animal I would willingly kill if I could, although they are practically indestructible. And their larvae are repulsive too.