Friday 6 June 2014

Friday Five: Beauty Regime

Someone said to me yesterday that they never wore make-up. Fair enough, I thought, I rarely do either. They then went on to say that they just settled for foundation, blusher, mascara and lip gloss, which obviously left me wondering, how is that not wearing make-up?

Someone else said that the amount of make-up they wore was inversely proportional to how good they were feeling. If they had slathered it on, you knew they were feeling like crap. Good point, I thought, I understand that thinking. On the other hand, if I'm not feeling my best, I will take the extra ten minutes in bed that are otherwise spent on make-up application. Who am I kidding; I will always take the extra ten minutes!

But, I'm not totally au naturel. There are some beauty products I use, and I'm not paid commission to write this either.


5 Everyday Beauty Products:
  1. Lush Coalface - I use it every morning and night instead of soap; gently exfoliating and freshening for the skin.
  2. Oil of Olay - my mum used to use this too, although it used to be called Oil of Ulay. I use the Complete UV Defence SPF 15 every day and it's softening and protective. And the smell reminds me of home. I also use the one with a touch of foundation too, when I want to look like I've made an effort.
  3. Moroccan oil - a miracle hair conditioning treatment, and it also comes in a handy travel-sized bottle.
  4. Fair Trade Foot Lotion - another product from Lush, this is brilliant for foot massages after long runs or days of standing up and climbing ladders in what is otherwise known as retail. It contains peppermint and spearmint essential oils and Arnica to soothe and calm tired feet. Aaaah... 
  5. Nivea lip salve - For the times when I have a cold or am dehydrated, or sunburned, or just want to give my lips a moisturising pick-me-up; there are lots of flavours and even a shiny one, but even the basic variety tastes and smells good too. And it's cheap.

No comments: