I have many books on the pile by my bed. Here are some of them.
5 Books I'm Reading:
- The Letters of Noel Coward edited and with commentary by Barry Day - as research. I'm also reading the collected plays and his diaries. There's a good deal of material there.
- King Arthur: The Bloody Cup by M.K. Hume - it's part three of a trilogy which is adequate rather than brilliant but I am both obsessed by all things Arthurian and unable to finish something midway through.
- The Quincunx: A Novel by Charles Palliser - recommended to me by a friend as, 'one of the best books I've ever read'. No pressure there, then.
- The Second Sex by Simone de Beauvoir - I read it ages ago and wonder if it is still as relevant.
- Carthage by Joyce Carol Oates - some light relief, if that's what you consider tales of loss, grief and the atrocities of war to be.