There were many brewers at Beer Day Out this year, and many beers to be drunk. the following are five of the ones I sampled.
5 Beers at Beer Day Out:
- Threesome; Nomad Brewing Co./ Beavertown/ Birra Del Borgo - You would expect a collaboration beer between these three to produce something pretty special and you wouldn't be disappointed. UK malts (including Maris Otter) provide backbone for Aussie bush tucker - muntries (emu apples) and bush tomatoes - and it's rounded out by ageing for six months in grappa barrels. It tastes as intriguing as it sounds
- Inappropriate Touching; Hawkers/ Edge/ Kaiju!/ Evil Twin/ Baird - Collaboration beer with smoked malt and some sweetness
- Brett Porter; Bridge Road Brewers - It's sour and it's dark and it shouldn't work but it does - marvellous chocolate bitterness
- The Vandal; Panhead Custom Ales - fresh, bitey, in-your-face Kiwi IPA
- Blacktop Oat Stout; Panhead Custom Ales - dark and tasty with a roasty bitterness; a fine example