Tuesday 16 June 2020

2018 Archibald Prize Junior Version

In previous posts, I have presented my favourite portraits from the touring Archibald Prize, as I saw the exhibition at the marvellous Orange Regional Art Gallery. 

As part of the exhibition, budding artists from the Central West, between the ages of 5 and 18 were invited to submit a portrait for the Young Archie Central West competition. The portrait was to be of a person who is special to them; 'someone who is known to them and plays an important role in their life'. 

Here are some of the adorable and heart-warming hilarious results. I am really impressed with all the young talent on display and I just can't help but be cheered at the thought that perhaps this is what we really look like to the small people. I hope the portraits make you as happy as they made me.

Babushka by Charli Hobbs

The above portrait was the winner of the 15-18 years category. Charli's rationale is extremely touching.
"My piece of artwork is to replicate my grandmother born 1958. She was 22. She made a big move to be close to my family in 2015. I didn't really see her much before but now she plays a big roll [sic] in my life. She has always supported me and it's just right for me to paint this pic to say thanks."
Awww!
 

No comments: