Friday 6 February 2009

The Second Coming

Word is that Robbie ‘walks on water’ Fowler has signed for the North Queensland Fury. This means I’ll get to see him play again, so that’s definitely a game I’ll be going to watch, and it might spice things up a bit in the A-League.

Him Outdoors and I have been following the Wellington Phoenix for the past two seasons – having bought season tickets to support them. They have recently lost their two best players, Shane Smeltz and Glen Moss which is a big blow and suggests they might be struggling even more next season.

When Dad told me the news, he suggested that I might have a dilemma in whom to support. I’m not sure where he got that from – there’s simply no question – just as there’s only one Robbie ‘walks on water’ Fowler.


He is a legend and one of my favourite ever Liverpool players. His playing days alongside the likes of McManaman, Redknapp and Owen are such stuff as dreams are made on. Not least because of this against Arsenal, which was nice.

No comments: