Thursday 15 April 2010

Consolation goal


As Liverpool are languishing in mid-table mediocrity and are out of everything that matters (although it was great to see them trounce Benfica) I have to get my footballing pleasures where I can. Wanting them to reach the coveted fourth spot has made things a little weird - I even found myself supporting Arsenal over Spurs this morning. Very odd.

Apart from praying that the England players don't get injured before the World Cup and hoping that by some peculiar twist of fate Burnley manage to stay up, my main enjoyment comes from rejoicing in Manchester Utd's misfortunes. I'm pleased they don't look like they can win the league or the Champions League (they won't overtake us on either score). My how I laughed when I found this Lego reconstruction of Robben's goal that sent them out of the Champions League. Who said the German's don't have a sense of humour? (Well, apart from me and the rest of Europe...)



No comments: