My favourite thing in that film is the cowardly lion - of course he has courage all along, but he just doesn't know it. There is no point being brave if you haven't got a principle to support. I think I worked that out on first viewing. I must have been terribly precocious. Anyway, it got me thinking about my favourite lions, as you do.
5 Fictional Lions:
- The Lion that ate Albert in Marriott Edgar's poem
- Aslan from the Narnia series of books - I realised the god-complex involved and was a little bit of afraid of the fierce but fair beast
- The three lions on the England coat of arms
- Parsley the Lion from The Herbs
- The Lion King - I wasn't a fan of the film but when we saw it on stage at the Lyceum in London, I was blown away