Friday 9 October 2015

Friday Five: Season Launch


Before anyone races to point it out, I know that there are six rather than the usual weekly five, but that's just the way it it goes. Canberra Repertory Society have announced the plays they will be producing for the next season, and I'd like to hear your thoughts. I was on the committee that helped to select the plays, so please don't be too hurtful in your comments.

One factor I would point out is that this is a sub-committee, which recommends a number of plays (15 in this case) to a committee, who decide upon the final plays - nothing is one person's opinion, and I'm sure we all know how committees work. I think each play is a good choice individually. 

6 plays in Canberra Rep's 2016-2017 Season:
  1. Uncle Vanya - Anton Chekov (28 April - 14 May)
  2. Witness for the Prosecution - Agatha Christie (16 June - 2 July)
  3. Macbeth - William Shakespeare (4 - 20 August)
  4. She Stoops to Conquer - Oliver Goldsmith (22 September - 8 October)
  5. Noises Off - Michael Frayn (17 November - 3 December)
  6. Wait until Dark - Frederick Knott (23 February - 11 March)

No comments: