Tuesday 17 June 2008

Life on Mars

It seems the television gods have listened to me and have rescheduled Life on Mars to appear on television on Monday night at 8.30pm.

Never mind that half of the storylines are patently ridiculous and I don't understand what's going on. That sensation of things not being quite right, wanting to succeed where you are even though you know it's wrong, is very disturbing and very strong.

John Simm and Philip Glenister are an excellent pairing and their acting and dialogue ensures that this series keeps its interest. Apparently a third series, called Ashes to Ashes, sees the series switch to the 1980s in London. I am still enjoying the 1970s in Manchester, but I am already looking forward to that - it's more my music, or at least it will be if they play the good stuff!

I also love the interpretation of the Life on Mars characters being given the Camberwick Green treatment. Move over PC McGarry number 452. Classy!


No comments: