Now, if you ruminate on any sort of question of this nature, someone will irritatingly whip out their smart phone and tell you the answer. Okay, so it may be smart, (or smug) but it ruins all the fun - at least you should waste a good half hour discussing it first.
This is why they may be good for virtually anything, but smart phones are the death of (pub) conversation. In the last week or so, I have whiled away many pleasant minutes (if not hours) with the family deliberating such pressing issues as:
5 Recent Conversations which didn't involve a Smart Phone:
- Does what goes up always have to come down?
- If fish spoke English, which species would have what accent?
- Why is some 80s music shockingly bad when some is excellent, and why do Americans and Kiwis generally prefer the former?
- When does attractive confidence become ugly arrogance?
- If you could live in any era in history, when would it be?