Friday 21 October 2011

Quick Quintet: Slow-guns

Following on from yesterday's post I've been thinking about catchy advertising slogans. They may not necessarily be for the best product (in fact, usually aren't), but they are irritatingly familiar, or in some cases simply perfect.

Hundreds came to mind actually, which probably shows I take more notice of advertising than I like to admit. Several of them are local - Boddingtons: 'If you don't get Boddies; you'll just get bitter' or Speights: 'Pride of the South', but I'll stick with some that are more universal:

5 Top Marketing Slogans:
  1. Carlsberg, probably the best lager in the world
  2. Esso: Put a tiger in your tank
  3. Ronseal: It does exactly what it says on the tin
  4. McDonalds: I'm loving it
  5. Nike: Just do it

No comments: